Tharaka Nithi County Spatial Plan core planning team together with the project consultants held community visioning workshops on July 2019 across the four sub counties namely;Tharaka North, Tharaka South, Maara and Chuka. Through the exercise the planning team was able to gather vision statements from all the sub-counties and identify priority projects for the community.
PROJECT OBJECTIVES: Formulation of a 10 year county spatial plan for Tharaka Nithi County, in accordance to The County Government Act of 2012.
- To provide a spatial and policy framework for resource utilization, infrastructure and human capital development
- To develop a base map for the County
- To undertake a socio-economic and cultural assessment of the County
- To undertake an infrastructural and services assessment for the County
- To develop a synthesis of existing situation and formulate development scenarios
- To develop spatial and strategic plan proposals for the County
THARAKA NITHI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
University of Nairobi and Tharaka Nithi County Government