The Department of Real Estate, Construction Management & Quantity Surveying has existed since 1956 when the Royal College, (presently University of Nairobi) was established. The Royal College was part of the University of East Africa. However, the Department has existed under different names in the various times of existence. Upon its inception, the Department offered Diploma courses allied to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), of United Kingdom, and admitted the first Bachelor degrees programmes bunch of students in 1967. Up-to 1990 it was called, Department of Land Development, when it split into two sister departments named as Department of Land Development and, Department of Building Economics & Management.
For more Information, Visit the Department Website