The Nairobi Innovation Week (NIW) started in 2015, and is an annual event celebrating local and international innovations while enhancing innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem. The University of Nairobi in collaboration with a large number of partners and stakeholders convene each year to organize and execute the NIW event.
The objective of the NIW is to contribute towards a vibrant, productive and sustainable innovation ecosystem through policy influence, showcasing innovation, research dissemination, networking, capacity building, connecting start-ups and innovators to industry. Read more
The Nairobi Innovation Week 2022 theme is “Innovation for Transformation and Impact in the society.”
Duration and Venue
Date: April 26 to 28, 2022
Duration: 3 days
Venue: Great Court, Main Campus, University of Nairobi
The NIW 2022 will focus on innovations and start-ups. The innovations will be guided by the Big-Four agenda and crosscutting innovations as indicated below:
- Manufacturing- This category focusses on innovations in any aspect of the manufacturing sector from carrying out manufacturing activities to providing support to manufacturing enterprises
- Food Security- Innovations in agricultural value-chain. These could especially focus on improved production, climate smart farming, post-harvest losses, access to cheaper inputs, better storage facilities, and so on.
- Affordable Housing- Innovations include but not limited to affordable housing, sustainable housing technologies, and financing models of ownership among others.
- Health- Innovations in software applications in health management, health care products, health services among others.
- Cross-Cutting- Innovations that do not belong in any of the above categories, but are cross-cutting in that they support the Big-Four agenda. These could include innovations around FinTech, transport, the environment, energy among others.
- Log in to post comments